Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Online videos

As part of this week's lesson I searched for on YouTube - there were no results - then on Google video. I found videos of their author talks which are saved on their website. They can be downloaded. I think this could be useful at my library as it hosts many author talks.

I am going to try and paste a video into this blog.



Today I resumed the course after a few weeks off. I searched for some videos on YouTube under "lego" and "liverpool plains". I found a video called "Simpsons intro lego style" with clever lego imitations of Lisa's saxophone and Bart's skateboard and the usual theme music. I thought one called "Monty Python and the Holy Grail in Lego" was even cleverer because it was choreographed like the musical, with funny actions, not random actions like the Simpson one had. I found a video on sorghum harvesting in NSW with a harvester driver's commentary when I searched "liverpool plains". I also found a video with a Turkish language title which included the words "liverpool" and "song of plains": people were singing and waving scarves, it looked like the stadium at a football match. Another video that came up was of a rock group "Plain white T's" performing in Liverpool: this video was rotated 180 degrees which was distracting. Videos on YouTube showed a name for the creator and the date added. It didn't say if they were from YouTube or another programme.

I searched for the same keywords on Google Video and found some of the YouTube videos I'd already found. It acknowledged them as being from YouTube but didn't show creator name or date added for anything. I looked up "kogarah" and found an eyewitness video from an accident. I couldn't see the date added and I thought it would have benefited from this information to help identify the accident. Another video I found was a Kogarah crash eyewitness video; its first screen contained a warning about images that might distress. I thought this was good to have.

I am getting error messages when I try to save so will publish this post and update it later.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

You seem to have had a very interesting time looking at online videos.

Ellen (PLS)